

WOW! Talk about "sliding into 1st base"! Laughing. We sure miss you guys! That green grass is so beautiful.
All is well here today. It rained a little, and that was such a relief! We've been sweltering as well. After deciding that the "Heat Wave" (as they call it here in England) was what we call "Summer" in America, we decided to spring for a little oscillating fan. I'm convinced it is the best purchase we've made all year!
Guess what! A Hawaiian children's choir is coming to our chapel to do a fireside tomorrow night! I guess they saved and saved for four years to come and sing at Royal Albert Hall with a Symphony and they are doing a little show for us too! I guess it just warms my heart to think that a little bit of Hawaii will be in town...Since it reminds me of Lance, Kelli and the Gang.
We went adventuring early this morning to the Portabello Market (remember that funny song in "Door Knobs And Brooksticks"!). It was so much fun! I bought a funny pair of BIG sunglasses. I kept trying to hold out, since I know in five years I'll wonder what I was thinking...but for only five pounds it was a bargain I couldn't pass up. Besides, when you buy sunglasses that big...I like to think of it as "face protection" as well! Who needs sunblock!?! Just put on your sunglasses and your cheeks, forehead and chin are all well shaded from the harmful effects of the sun! Shawn found some super cool buttons we are hoping will sew nicely on his leather jacket. Just take a look at all these buttons! And this was only the tip of the iceburg. This particular vendor had just as many on a second shelf below the one you see here. It was amazing. You really can find all sorts of treasures on Portabello Road!
We sure love and miss you all. Hope the ice in your glasses melts slowly.
Love,
Cole
No comments:
Post a Comment